Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wonderful Life

The house was calm for about an hour this morning.  So as the baby slept and Winona rested (3rd day of  fever), I cleaned the girls bathroom and vacuumed.  When the girls were babies, I had no choice but to take a nap while the house was quiet.  Naps were necessary for me to function later in the day.  I know it doesn't make sense to most people, but my muscles would get stiffer as the day went on.  By afternoon, I would have been bound to the couch.

I still need to rest during the day so my body can produce more dopamine, but at least if I don't get a long nap in I can still function.  Having an infant in the house has really made me think more about all the little things I can do that I couldn't do just a short while ago.  Many of the things I am grateful to be capable of are things most people would rather not have to do.  I can make a bottle, change diapers, change my baby's outfit after he has spat up on it, clear the table, cook a meal, all the laundry and the list goes on and on!!  The amount of appreciation I have to do these simple tasks is immeasurable.  To say I am fortunate would be an understatement.


No comments:

Post a Comment