Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Independence

The past two days have been unbelievably busy getting everything ready for a long weekend at the cabin.  I can't believe how much I got done.  I got more done in these past two days than I would have been able to accomplish in a week back when my life was more phsyically challenging.  I made homemade tuna salad and potato salad.  This amazes me because a couple years ago I wasn't always able to drain noodles.  Yesterday, I cooked and drained the hot noodles with out giving it much thought.  I didn't get frustrated with my hands not being able to cut vegetables and I didn't have to worry about falling to the floor.  I was also able to make Special K bars with Winona.  There's just something about baking with your daughter that I now get to enjoy.  In between all that cooking, I had several large loads of laundry to get washed, folded and put away (Sharon helped me).  Today, I was able to load up the coolers, finish packing and then load  it into our vehicle.  This was a lot to get done, especially since I had to stop and feed/change John in the middle of those tasks.  

It brings tears to my eyes to know that I was able to get my family ready for a mini vacation at the lake.  It was a lot of work and my feet hurt from standing on the hardwood floors for such a long time, but I did it.  And I did it with ease!  I have so much to be thankful for and I don't know if I will ever be able to express my gratitude enough.

I hope that over the Fourth of July weekend you can take a moment to reflect on everything you can accomplish in life.  I know that raising a family is a lot of work, but it is SO worth it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and thankful for your mobility. Your daughters also admire how you are grateful for so many things as the family has evolved. You are creating wonderful memories for all of us. Enjoy your mini-vacation, dearest Jean!!

    ReplyDelete