Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Count Your Blessings

Not a day goes by where I don't give thanks for my newly found mobility.  What amazes me is that my daughters haven't forgotten what my inabilities used to be either.  Yesterday morning I ran to answer the phone in the kitchen and Winona smiled at me and said, "You couldn't have done that two years ago, Mommy."    

I love that my girls get so excited whenever I'm about to try something new.  I hope that they apply this to their own lives and cheer on not only their friends, but themselves as well.  Take a moment today and make a mental list of what you appreciate in life.  You may even surprise yourself  by how many little things you have that you wouldn't change for any amount of money in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Gary and I went out for dinner tonight and when we arrived home I was telling him how much I enjoyed the things we do together. He didn't know why I was saying that. I told him that I was counting my blessings....and telling him :-)

    I am sure that you will continue to see your girls reflect your wisdom, love and joy!

    ReplyDelete