Wednesday, April 4, 2012

2 Year Anniversary

It's really hard to believe that I was diagnosed nearly two years ago.  Good Friday will mark the day that changed my life forever.  I was so skeptical that day.  I wasn't even going to fill the prescription thinking that there was no way I would ever live a 'normal' life, but here I am doing exactly that.

People often ask me if I'm angry that it took the doctors so long to correctly diagnosis me (33 years).  I don't know how I could possibly be angry that I now have so many more capabilities.  If it wasn't for the correct diagnosis, I would not be pregnant with my third child.  How do I answer their question?  The answer is simple, at least it is to me.

I grew up as a very happy girl in an unbelievable loving and supportive family.  My parents pushed me to do things that were physically challenging, yet I always gave it my best.  Plus, I always had a lot of good friends.  It was all of my life experiences (good and bad) that made me the person I am today and I like me.  Who knows who I would be today if I didn't grow up with the wrong diagnosis.  I have to be honest though, I don't know if she would have been as happy as I am.  Why?  I probably wouldn't have gone to Winona State University where I met my wonderful husband, Steve.  Therefore, I wouldn't have my daughter's Winona and Sharon.  Everything that I had to endure to make me the person I am today was well worth it!!

Thanks for all of the support!  I look forward to sharing even more with you over the next year.

Jean

1 comment:

  1. I have friends who grew up with the after effects of having had polio. None of them are bitter about that, and say they can do everything they need to do. I guess they had wise and supportive parents such as yours were. I love your thankful attitude!

    ReplyDelete