Sunday, March 24, 2013

3 Years

It's hard to believe that this Friday will be the third anniversary of my new diagnosis and my new life.  Three years isn't a long time when your 36 years old, but at the same time it feels like a lifetime ago that I wasn't able to do so many things.  When I look back at my previous life, it's hard to believe that I was the one who went through so many challenges each and every day.  At times, I actually feel like that was an another person or an old friend who moved away for a chance at a better life.  The fact is, that was me and still is me.  When I tell stories about the past, I have to stop and make sure I tell the stories in first person, because often times I feel like I should use the word "she."  This isn't something I expect you to understand and you may even think I'm a little wacky and that's okay.  I have an amazing life with a caring husband and 3 wonderful children that I never dreamed I could have.  I am so blessed and am sure to thank God for all the gifts He has given me.  Often times I find myself asking if I'm living a dream and if I am, I pray that I don't ever wake up from it!

I have quite a few friends that never knew the "old" me, so I thought for my anniversary I would post two videos (before and after).  


Before:  I couldn't walk my girls to the bus stop






After:  After walking all day at Disney's Magic Kingdom I was able to walk on this bridge which is barrels over the water.  As a child I had to be carried over this bridge because I phsyically could not cross it.  


1 comment:

  1. This has special meaning as you saw the doctor on Good Friday and your third anniversary is also on Good Friday. We love you!

    ReplyDelete