Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blessed

I feel so fortunate to be living the life that God has given me.  It wasn't always easy, but with lots of faith and friends I have survived and become a very strong person.  I am often asked if I am angry that it took 33 years for a correct diagnosis.  The answer is, "No."

I can honestly say that I am proud of everything I have had to endure growing up with Spastic Diplegia. It was never easy, but it lead me to the person I am today.  I have a wonderful husband, three amazing kids and friends that are there for me no matter what.  I like me. And I love my life!

I also believe that God made me the way I was so I could teach others what is really important in life.  I can walk my kids to the bus stop in the rain, use my hands to put clean sheets on the bed after a child is sick, see the mess on the kitchen counter and hear the kids fighting while I'm on the phone.  These are all blessing.  Tonight I will be sure to give thanks for my life and will encourage my children to do the same.    

No comments:

Post a Comment