Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Speech, Speech!

I have been entertaining the idea of becoming a motivational speaker.  I know, I know, for those of you who went to high school with me, you are thinking, "This girl is CRAZY!"

Back in High School, I couldn't stand in front of the class, much less do it while talking.  My nerves would get the best of me and the focus would be on my shaking, rather than my words.  I am proud to say, that I have come a long way since then.  I actually enjoyed my public speaking class in college and looked forward to presentations!  Unreal!

I know that I'd like to give speaking a shot, but really feel that I need to complete my book first.  Plus, I'm not sure how my body will respond to speaking on a regular basis.  I phsyically don't do well when I am under stress or am lacking sleep.  That's just part of my DRD.

Anyway, I was approached by my a friend,who is also a medical student out East, to speak to his class about my experiences with medical staff and life as a disabled person.    I am honored that he felt I had something important to share with future physicians.  I always believed that I was put on this Earth with limitations for a reason.  Maybe, this speaking engagement will go really well and I will follow my dreams to become a speaker.  Time will tell.  In the meantime, I will continue to give thanks for all of my blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment