Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sweet!!

It's hard to believe that another year has passed and it's Halloween already!  Growing up, this day was bitter sweet.  I loved creating a costume and getting a haul of candy, but I dreaded walking house to house at the most difficult time of day (afternoons and evenings were always a challenge).  I was never about to give up time with friends or chocolate, so I used up the last of my energy and even borrowed against the next day just so I could experience this special day like every other American kid.

Now, I love Halloween.  It's no longer bitter sweet.  It's just SWEET!  I was able to take my kids to the Goodwill in search of the perfect costume (disco girl, cat and dog) and I have invited friends over for dinner tonight.  I wasn't ever able to make a nice meal for guests.  Today I made two kinds of soup, homemade wheat bread and a Halloween cake that impressed my girls.  The best part of this day will be tonight when I take my kids out trick-or-treating.  I will get to see the look on John's face when candy is placed into his pumpkin for the first time. I never experienced that with the girls. A mobility scooter can't go up steps, therefore, neither could I.



As kids, Halloween is all about the candy. For me, it's all about creating more happy memories with family and friends.

Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment