Friday, February 24, 2012

Big Helper

It feels wonderful to be able to help others.  Yesterday, I drove around delivering Girl Scout cookies to those who had ordered them from my girls.  When I had finished that task, I had to go to the Cookie Cupboard to pick up more cookies for our troop.  There was a little bit of a fiasco, but I'll spare you the details.  What I will tell you is that by driving around town and going to a couple different locations, I was able to solve the problem on.  

It felt great to help out my co-leader.  She didn't have to run all over town because I was able to do it for her.  Just two years ago, I couldn't even take my daughters to Girl Scouts.  I had to plan and arrange to have either my mom or a friend take them to their fun meetings.  I LOVE that I can not only take my daughters where they need to be, but I am also a leader and a huge help to another mom.

I feel like I'm finally able to give back to society.  I'm more than willing to do whatever I can to help out.  My whole life I needed the help and wonderful people were there for me!  You never know what curve balls life is going to throw your way and what your abilities will be in ten years from now or for that matter next week.  Things happen.  Accidents happen.  Don't take things for granted while you are able to do them.  Life is a journey that we all take together.  Therefore, we all need to be there for one another and give a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment