Monday, August 27, 2012

Miracle in the Badlands

This past weekend, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to hike in The Badlands.  Using my hiking poles, I was able to walk independently with Steve and the girls.  As the sun beat on my face and the silence rang in my ears all I could do was thank God for the wonderful gift He had placed before me.  I couldn't keep the tears from my eyes and felt that I had to tell my girls how lucky we were.   Not only were we able to look at Gods beautiful work, but we were also blessed to be right in the heart of it, together as a family.




There were several times on this walk that I wasn't sure if I could make it all the way to the end of the trail.  Every time I found myself up really high on a rock or on a narrow path, Steve assured me that I could do it.   Every step of the way, I could tell that he was proud to be with me on this exciting experience.  I desperately needed his support and because of it, I was able to make it to what felt like the end of the Earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment