Thursday, August 2, 2012

Stressed

Since my correct diagnosis, I have come to learn that a lot is expected of me.  It's my job to make sure that my family is taken care of.  I really enjoy this, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  There never seems to be enough time to do all the laundry, run all the errands and do all the fun things I wanted to do with my kids this summer.  Even though I can't seem to get it all done, more is added to my list each and every day.  

My life has become easier, but it has also become more stressful.  That may not even make sense to most people, so I will try to explain it.  Back when I could barely walk, I wasn't able to cook, grocery shop, Target runs, take the kids to their activities,etc.  Therefore, I was never stressed about getting it all done and I wasn't expected to get it all done in one day. 

Now days, however, I'm busy trying to do fun things with my kids, try to do new things for myself and everything else that comes with being a stay at home mom.  The reason I get so stressed out trying to accomplish all of it, is because I never really learned how to manage it all.  I try to be a really strong person, but at times I feel like I am failing my family as I'm not able to complete my daily tasks.  More than anything, I want to be a great wife and mother and I guess that's why it can seem so stressful at times.  

With that being said, I think I need to take a deep breath and tell myself that tomorrow is a new day.  All the things I didn't get done today, that probably won't get done tomorrow either, don't really matter when I look at the big picture.  What matters is that I have a wonderful, healthy family and the physical and mental capabilities to take care of them.  

1 comment:

  1. Decades ago Jean Ray Laury was the fiber artist, historian,and quilter who inspired persons to persue their passions. From what I have been able to gather from her was to do the essentials and devote time and energy to your passions. In my humble opinion, most of us struggle to find that balance.

    Personally, I believe you do a wonderful job with your family. Of course, the dynamics changed when John arrived and it is thrilling to learn what you are able to do with him. Your last paragraph puts everything in perspective and couldn't have been more important. You are on the right track, dearest Jean.

    Sending hugs and a smile: STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS....

    ReplyDelete