Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cook, Cook, Cook

I have to make this entry a quick one since I have vegetable beef soup on the stove and turkey meat loaf and squash in the oven.  Yes, it has been a VERY busy afternoon of cooking for me.  I have been on a soup kick.  In the past week I made split pea with ham, chicken and rice soup and now vegetable beef soup.  I love that I can shop for the ingredients and then come home and chop them all up!  It is such a gift to have the abilities to stand at the kitchen counter and peel, chop and slice for over an hour.  I'm thinking my next feast should be a potatoes soup of some kind.  I'd love to hear your suggestions.  Oh, and don't worry if you think it's too difficult or time consuming.  I'm up for the challenge.  In fact, I can't wait.  I must add that I also made banana bread today and the girls loved it!

When Winona walked through the door she commented on how wonderful it smelled in here.  It reminded me of when I would come through the door after a long day at school.  My mom was a really good cook and the house was always full of flavor.  I'm so grateful that I to can create happy memories for my girls.

1 comment: