Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Made Easy

I have been voting every Presidential election since I was legally old enough to do so.  The Bush/Gore election is what always sticks out in my mind.  I was pregnant with Winona and stood in line for over two hours.  It was no easy task.  Even though I had to scale the wall to keep from falling, I did it.

This year was so different for me.  I grabbed John from the back of the car, walked into my polling place and voted.  I was glad that there wasn't a long line, but if there had been I could have handled it with out any problems.

I have to be honest and say that I didn't want to go vote today, but I know that not only is it my duty as an American Citizen, how can I let that woman (the old me) down.  Without complaining and without any assistance she struggled in line TWO HOURS waiting for her turn to vote.   Today voting was more than a privilege, it was a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment