Monday, February 25, 2013

Creating More Memories

This morning before school started I took Sharon to the YMCA.  We went into the gym and played a little basketball.  Yes, WE played basketball.  I was able to dribble the ball up and down the court, but I have to be honest, making a basket was a challenge.  Sharon tried to show me the proper technique and how Daddy tells her how to do it.  It was so cute and we had so much fun.

Afterwards, we went and played a little table tennis.  I don't know if Sharon and I have ever laughed so hard together!  At one point, I was using my hand to hit the ball, rather than the paddle, because I wasn't quick enough.  I loved hearing her giggle and watching her eyes briefly close as she laughed with me.  At the end of our game, I accidentally hit the ball behind the snack machines and that put Sharon over the edge in laughter.

I feel so grateful that I was able to spend this quality time with her.  I would not have been able to do this three years ago.  I know that I'm not athletic and can't show her the ropes on basketball and table tennis, but that's not the important part.  What matters to me is that we had 30 minutes of quality fun time before she went off to school!  I love her and my life so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment