Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Sharon

Ten years ago I brought another child into this world and she has brightened my days ever since.  Being pregnant was so difficult and unlike my pregnancy with Winona, I did have to stop working around the seventh month.  Not only was I unable to get around the office, but I would become dizzy and light headed as well.

First Christmas
I'd rather not focus on the negative aspects of carrying a child to term, so instead I will finish this entry by telling you how wonderful my ten year old is.  Sharon has always been so accepting of my disability and never ashamed by my abnormalities.  When Sharon would meet someone for the first time she would say, "Hi, my name is Sharon and my mom can't walk."  It always made me smile and I loved that she was okay with her mom being different from the other parents at school.  Nowadays, Sharon will remind me of my new found abilities by stating, "you couldn't have done that before" and flash me a heartfelt smile.

I am so lucky that God chose me to be her mom.  Not a day goes by where I forget to give thanks for this loving girl who is so accepting of others.


First Day of Preschool

No comments:

Post a Comment