Friday, April 11, 2014

Taking Care of My Boy

My little boy is sick and I am able to take care of him.  That's something I couldn't do for my girls.  I wasn't able to carry them when they were toddlers because of my lack of strength and poor balance (especially in the evening).  

At 11pm last night, I was tending to my little guys needs.  I put him in clean pj's and replaced his dirty sheet with a new one.  As I tipped the crib mattress on it's side, I couldn't believe that I was doing this so late in the evening.  Back in the day, I couldn't put sheets on any bed, much less a crib!  And to do it at night would be unimaginable! It's a great feeling to know that I can take care of my baby no matter what the circumstances.  

Yes, I am exhausted and other chores around the house will have to wait, but in the mean time, I will give thanks for having the ability to take care of what matters most: my family.    

Have a great day and stay healthy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment