Monday, April 14, 2014

Living a Double Life

It just so happend that I moved after recieving my new diagnosis.  It was part of the plan prior to my life being turned upside down for the better.  When I meet someone for the first time, I know that they are completly unaware of the road I have traveled.  Sometimes I choose to share my story and other times I decide to keep it to myself so I can appear "normal" for another day.  Overtime, I end up telling my story because not only enjoy sharing my miracle, but it can be fun to see the reactions of others.  

For the past year, I have been chatting with a woman at the YMCA either before or after my workout.  Today was the day that I gave her the short version of my story.  She looked back at me with big eyes and commented on how far I have come and followed it up with, "You should write a book!" It's definatly a conversation I will remember for a long time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment