Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Say Cheese

This past weekend I went to a family reunion.  I enjoyed visiting with those who I only see at weddings and funerals.  I must say that it was kind of weird seeing them in shorts and t-shirts.  Anyway, we took time out of the day to take group photos.  The last photo that was to be taken was of the entire group.

Since everyone's cameras were running low on batteries, I was asked if we could use mine.  Everyone took their place for the photo and I quickly tried to figure out how to set my cameras' timer to take a photo.

As soon as I knew everyone was ready, I asked where I was supposed to jump in.  The answer was up front, right next to my niece, Becca.  I stood behind my camera, looked through the lens and then pushed the button to take the photo.  Then it was time to run!  I ran as fast as my flip flops would take me, sat down next to my dear niece. crossed my legs and smiled with a second to spare.

How is it possible that I did this?  In the past, someone would have had to help me walk to where I would have to pose for the picture.  Not this time.  I did it and on my own,.  So, when I look at this photo of me sitting up front, with a big smile on my face, I know that it's much more than a family photo.  I also have a pretty good idea that my grandparents saw the whole thing from heavan and that makes my heart smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment