Friday, September 16, 2011

The Book Nook

School is back in session so this morning I went to Sharon's classroom as the volunteer morning reader.  Sharon was thrilled that I was going to read to the class.  Not only did she get to pick out the books I read, but she got to sit next to me on a chair rather than on the floor with all of the other students.

While I was driving home after reading for twenty minutes to a group of  seven year olds, all I could think was, "I love my life."  I can finally give back to others by doing something I enjoy.  How many people can say that?  Actually, many can, but never choose to do so.  

In the past, I physically couldn't volunteer in my kids school.  "Why?" you may ask.  I couldn't walk myself to from the car to the classroom.  In fact, I wasn't even able to hold a book anymore.  Today I was given the gift of  providing entertainment to wonderful children through books.  It felt so good to see how much they enjoyed listening to me read to them.   I can't wait to go back soon and do it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment