Monday, September 12, 2011

Giving It All I've Got

After a long day, I made myself ride my recumbent bike.  It had been quite a while since I last rode it.  Lately, I've been riding the elliptical (because I can).  When I got on it I thought that I'd be lucky if I rode it for 7 minutes.  I am proud to say that I exceeded the seven minutes.  In fact, I rode that bike for 26 minutes.  I even broke a sweat and had to ask Winona to bring me a glass of water halfway through.  In that 26 minutes I didn't go easy on myself either.  I had the resistance anywhere between three and six.  Just before I got off of the bike it read 5.9 miles. I couldn't help but smile and then I ran to tell Steve my good news.  

I LOVE that I was able to do this tonight (yes, at night).  Two years ago, I could only ride the recumbent bike for a maximum of 5 minutes on the lowest level.  I would give it all I had and the results were barely anything.  I did it though and that's all that mattered.

So, as I look back at how far I've come in such a short amount of time, I know that I am a living miracle.  It's up to me to make sure that I give it all I've got and NEVER take it for granted.

4 comments:

  1. Ann in the UP is a dear friend who keeps you in her heart and prayers. We rejoice in your accomplishments and know that you don't take anything for granted. Love and hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE...I am the luckiest girl in the world for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete