Thursday, September 1, 2011

School Days

Last night was orientation at school for my daughters.  While I was there I began to recall how nervous I was for my first day of fourth grade at Crooked Lake School.  My brother, Tom, had always helped me find my classroom on the first day of school.  The first day of fourth grade was different because Tom no longer went to the elementary school.  He had moved on to the junior high which meant that I was on my own. I recall being nervous a week in advance.  I was scared that I wouldn't be able to find my name outside any of the fourth grade classrooms.  This would be nerve racking for any child, but I was nervous that I would have to walk a long way just trying to find the correct room.  There were always lots of kids walking the halls and stopping to read the list just as I needed to do.  For me walking was always more difficult around others because a slight brush against my arm could send me tumbling to the ground.  I survived that first day of school and found my classroom without any trouble.

I feel so blessed that my daughters are healthy and don't have to the physical challenges that I had as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment