Thursday, June 13, 2013

Attached At The Hip


I've had a long, busy day, so I'll keep this post short.  

On a daily basis I notice things that I can do that I never dreamed possible.  The other night I realized that I can cook over a hot stove top and hold John at the same time.  Back in the day, I couldn't stand while cooking.   I would think about how my mom would hold me while she cooked our family dinner every night.  I always felt bad that I couldn't do that with my girls, but accepted it just the same.  It's hard to believe that I can successfully do this task now.  Plus,  I'm sure there are moms out there that moan and groan when they have to make dinner with a child attached to their hip.  To me, it is pure joy!   Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a break from cooking, but when I do cook, I am grateful that I can do it with ease.  




Photo by Sharon Abbott


No comments:

Post a Comment