Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Errands Again

It seems that these days I am never home.  The kids and I are busy running to Cub Foods, the YMCA, Community Education Classes and the library.  The other day, I told the girls that we weren't going to go anywhere, "we're staying home today."  Like me, they were glad to have a day off of running errands.

Before my new diagnosis, I would go crazy because I rarely left the home.  Day after day, I'd send the kids off to school and be by myself nearly all day long.  If my mom wasn't coming over for the day, I would call her to chat and that would be my contact to the outside world.  When my parents would be gone on vacation or visiting their friends, my company was the television.  You see, at that time in my life, my hands didn't allow me to type easily or turn the pages of a book for more than an hour.  

These past couple weeks, I have been so busy running errands in the "real world" and it can get overwhelming trying to keep everything running smoothly.  I have to say, that this is a much better problem to have and I have to remind myself daily how fortunate I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment