Friday, July 19, 2013

Thanks Mom and Dad

Tomorrow is my 37th birthday and I feel younger than I ever have, honestly.  I am doing things I never imagined possible and my definition of tired is completly different than most.  I know it's my birthday, but I can't help but feel like the celebration should be geared towards my parents.   Yes, they gave me life, but they gave me much more than that.

For 33 years, they worried about  me on a daily basis, yet they never let on.  They pushed me to try my hardest at everything possible and to do it with a smile on my face.  I am a strong, positive woman because of them.  When others told them that they should really put me in a wheelchair, they worked harder to keep my muscles from weakening any further.

My parents sacraficed many years making sure that I was able to live a normal life.  I know that they would do it over in a heartbeat and love me for who I am.  I am so grateful that out of all the Moms and Dads in the world God chose them to be my parents.  I can't imagine how different of a person I would have turned out to be without them as such positive role models.

So tomorrow when I wake up and am one year closer to the big FOUR O, I will be thanking God for my wonderful life and the strong parents He  put by my side.

I love you Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment