Friday, August 23, 2013

Working Out With My Girls

I never imagined that I would have kids, much less great kids.  Before my new diagnosis, raising the girls was so physically challenging for me.  I wasn't able to walk them to the bus stop, cook them nice dinners or play tag with them in the yard.

Because of my new medication, I was able to drive my girls to the YMCA and take a Zumba class with them.  For 45 minutes we danced together, side by side.  I couldn't help but smile that I was on my two feet participating in a physical activitiy with my girls.

I may not have been able to play in sports as a young girl or adult, but I'm going to take every oportunity to take Winona and Sharon to the gym with me.  Tomorrow we will being attending a Yoga class.  Never in a million years would I have thought that those words would  come out of my mouth.  How lucky am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment