Friday, December 13, 2013

It's All In My Head

It's been quite a busy week for me trying to get ready for the holidays.  As I told my mom today, I'm feeling overwhelmed for no apparent reason.  I am done with my Christmas shopping and it is nearly all wrapped. However,  I still have to fill my home with the necessities for my in-laws coming to visit and clean our home which feels impossible with a toddler under foot all day long.

In my mind, I know that there isn't a lot to do to get ready, because I can phsyically do more now than ever before.  The thing is that my brain hasn't caught up to my capabilities.  In my mind, I feel that I need more days than possible to make our home perfect for our family coming to the Twin Cities.  Not long ago, I could only do one or two tasks a day before I had to call it quits and rest in my chair.

As time passes,. I continue to get stronger and better at everyday chores.  I just need to let my brain catch up to the understanding of what I'm able to do.  When I begin to get overwhelmed I just think to myself, "it will all get done," and "if it doesn't get done, my family doesn't care.  They are more interested in special time spent together than cupboards stocked with festive food."

With that being said, I'm going to work hard at being happy with all that I can do this holiday season and be grateful that it will be spent with family.

Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment