Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Gifts

I'm overwhelmed.  There's no doubt about it.  I spent the last two days unpacking and doing laundry (we spent 5 days up at the cabin over Thanksgiving) all while running after a toddler.  I try to keep my stress levels down by going to the YMCA, but taking care of a family with three children is a lot of work.  

My family is my greatest gift.


I know I have so much to be thankful for and count my blessings every night before I go to bed.  I don't seem to ever finish giving thanks since I always seem to fall asleep first.  I am beyond grateful that I have the physical capabilities to do all the things that stress me out.  I know that sounds silly, but now that I can do more, it adds a stress that I never had to deal with in the past.

Luckily, I have people in my life who offer help (ie: A basketball parent brought Winona home from practice tonight).  I also have people in my life who offer words of encouragement which always makes life easier.  The best part is that I have two daughters that make the world a better place (corny, I know) and help me out immensely with John.

It's easy to see how much they love this little guy!


I will get through this holiday season with a smile on my face.  And I will be sure thank God throughout the day for everyone He sends my way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment