Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm a Little Teapot

Sharon is always ready to point out if I'm doing something new.  This afternoon was no different.  She turned on some silly preschool music.  When "I'm a Little Tea Pot" began to play, I jumped off the couch and grabbed her hands and began twirling her around.  When the verse, "tip me over and pour me out" was sung, I lifted her off of the ground and held her upside down as though she was the teapot.  It was fun to hear her giggle because of something I did.  I began spinning her around in circles until the song was over.  When I placed her safely back onto her own two feet she immediately informed my that, "You could have never done that before."

At the end of the day, it's the little things in life that matter the most to me.  It's spending time with my daughters.  In the past, I was never able to take them on a walk or swing them around while dancing.  Quality time with my daughters consisted of playing games together, coloring or just watching a movie together.  Those are all important as well.  I believe that when they are grown with children of there own they will remember that Mom did fun things with them.  Chances are their most important memories with me will be the little things that we did together at home not big trips to Disney etc.  As I become more busy, it's critical that I take time to show my daughters how much I love them.  They are a gift from God and out of all them moms in the world, God chose me to be their mother.  I'm not going to waste His gift to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment