Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why 'Rainy Day Friend?"

A few months ago, I was talking to my mom about the book I'm trying to write.  I was telling her my different thoughts that I want in my book. That's when she told me this:  "When you were a little girl I thought that if a book was written about you it should be called Rainy Day Friend."  I looked at her and asked her to explain "Why?"  She said that when I was little my friends wouldn't call to see if I could play on the sunny days, but I would receive many play date requests when it was raining outside.  She said that I was the perfect rainy day friend.

Rain or shine, everything that I loved to play was done inside my home.  As a young girl, I kept busy by playing board games, playing house and living vicariously through my Barbies.   When I was a little girl, I was not able to play the outside games like all the other kids I knew.  On bright and sunny days kids enjoy running in the yard and biking down the street.  I would always attempt to do these things.  At times I was successful, but more often than not I wasn't, but I would never let my inabilities stop me from having fun.

I find it really important to add that when I was a little girl I had wonderful friends.  I don't know if it's possible  for me to have had better friends in my life.  They didn't care that it took me longer to do things then the other kids my age and if they did, they never let on about it.  These girls in my life helped to make me the person I am today.  In fact, these girls are still my best friends with whom I share some of my most deepest thoughts and biggest laughs with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment