Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Funny Story

My goal is to blog three times a week, but at times I am not sure what I should blog about.  How can I not know what to write?  Can it be that I'm getting so used to my new life that I'm not appreciating this precious gift of mobility?  Of course not!  It doesn't take me long and I've got my next post.

This afternoon. Sharon and I went to the mall.  We walked around for close to two hours!  As we walked the mall I was thinking how much easier it was to just walk rather than navigate my mobilty scooter through the crowd.  I do not miss those days.  However, I do have a funny story to share with you:

When Sharon was two (my parents were with our family) we went to Walt Disney World.  I used my mobility scooter to get around the busy park.  Sharon was so little and rode on my lap most of the day.  As my parents and I were trying to decide what to do next, I pulled off to the side to get out of the way. I looked up at my dad as he spoke and was started by the unexpected movement of my scooter.  I don't know how I let it happen, but Sharon had pressed the GO button on my cart and we were speeding down the Magic Kingdom street. In a panic, I turned my handle bars from left to right weaving in and out of the crowd.  Why I didn't just pull the key out I don't know.  I was so scared that I was going to run a little kid over and kept yelling at Sharon to "let go!!!"   Little did I know, he chased us until he could reach to pull they key, which halted the mobility scooter and simply saved the day.

Sure, that may seem like a funny story now and Sharon still talks about her favorite ride at Disney (my cart); but; I can't help but be thankful that I don't need to depend on a chair to get me from point A to point B!  I am so grateful that my legs can carry me where ever I want to go, no matter how tired I may be.  Does it get any better than this?  I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment