Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Worth It

My goal in life is to help others.  I'm hoping that through my book and blog I can inform others about my misdiagnosis and offer hope to kids and adults dealing with physical disabilities.  I always felt that God made me contorted and spastic for a reason and if I could help just one person everything I went through would be worth it.

Today was that day!  Not only did someone tell me that their daughter tried L-Dopa (my new medication) after hearing my story (she is now walking without assistance), but I also got a response to one of my blog entries saying that I have given a reader's daughter hope that she too can find love and marriage despite her inability to walk.

I am so appreciative for the life I was given.  And I mean All of it!  Yes, all of it.  I would relive my  life of falling multiple times a day, painful surgeries, body cast, being stared at and teased all through middle school.  I am so blessed and hope that I can continue to help others through my blog, upcoming book, Twitter and Facebook.  Never in a million years would I have thought that little ol me could make a difference in this big, big world.


3 comments:

  1. You are truly an inspiration, so happy to have connected with you! Congratulations to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! I enjoy your blog as well. I'm happy that we have connected.

      Delete
  2. Hi There! My name is Alexis and I saw your story on twitter and actually retweeted it to @thesharespot. Your blog and writings about your condition are wonderful and inspirational. It's just the thing we (my husband and I) are looking for! I'll explain. My husband and I have started a new social network called The Sharespot for people to connect over ANY health condition or concern. It's like WebMD meets FB, in a sense but more personal. We only just launched a month ago and we need willing participants to join us and share their blogs, comments and thoughts with The Sharespot community! Would you ever be willing to take a look and see if this is something you might consider joining? It's all about sharing and connecting. It's pretty low maintenance as well and there a few ways you can tell your story(s) if you want to. You can reach me on twitter @alexisrae_photo or by e-mail alexis@thesharespot.com - Thank you for your consideration!

    ReplyDelete