Monday, March 10, 2014

The Loss of A Friend

This morning I woke up feeling refreshed and grateful for a good night of sleep, which means I will have better mobility and dexterity today.  I turned on the news and saw that it woul be sunny with a high near 50 (it's been months)!  I shot out of bed thinking Nothing's going get me down today!

Sadly, when I was leaving the YMCA (after a great workout),  I was told that the gentleman who takes care of my son in the childcare had passed away last week.  It came as such a shock since I had just seen him earlier last week, with his usual happy greeting and a high five for my boy.  Dropping John off in the childcare will never be the same.  

This is a reminder that life is short and we really need to take the time to appreciate the little things in life.  When you go out to enjoy the nice weather this afternoon, I ask you to take a moment to think about John's friend and give thanks for all the people in your life who may not be close to you, but make your days a little bit brighter, like Darrel did for me and John.  

You will be missed Darrel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment