Monday, January 30, 2012

Play Ball!

My weekends in the winter are filled with watching my beautiful daughters play basketball.  In fact, this weekend Winona's travel team played two games Saturday and one game Sunday.  Naturally, I sit on the sidelines cheering for Winona as she runs up and down the court.

I found myself wondering if I would have played basketball as a kid.  As a little girl, I loved going to my brothers basketball games.  I would bring my pom poms and cheer away.  At the time, the thought of dribbling the ball up the court never entered my mind.  As I reflect on child I used to be, I think I would have really loved playing basketball.  I'm not saying that I would have been any good, but I believe that I would have given it my best effort.


There's no reason to dwell on the past and what could have been.  I'm going to continue to cheer for my girls and thank God that they can play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment