Monday, January 27, 2014

Cold Knees

This bitter, Minnesota January is starting to get to me.  Or should I say, getting to my knees.  We've had sub zero weather for nearly a week and my knees have been in pain.  While I was running my errands today, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to check everything off my list.  I guess that's where my stubbornness can come in handy.   I got what I needed and even forced myself to go to the gym.

Ever since I was 15 years old, lifting weights has made my muscles and joints feel better.  That is one thing that has stayed the same since my DRD diagnosis.  Keeping active is a necessity for me.  The high tomorrow is going to be 0!  I have to go to the Y tomorrow.  The only dilemma is whether or not I lift weights or join the dance aerobics class  in the morning.  Either way, my body wins.

2 comments:

  1. Jean, It's wonderful to learn your story, you've traveled such a long road to a proper diagnosis. Just wanted you to know I've added a link to your blog to my site under "Dystonia BloggerMania:" http://dystoniamuse.com. I'm always thrilled to expand my list of Dystonia bloggers. Best to you. -Pamela-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pamela! I still need to take a closer look at your blog!

      Delete