Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Love Of My Life

I am excited that I am getting closer to a completed memoir.  I'm currently working on the section where I met Steve and fell in love with him.  I think this is the only section of the book that I could read over and over again without growing tired of it.  It shouldn't surprise me though.  Meeting my husband was by far one the best things that happened to me.

Growing up I assumed that I would never marry and would put my focus on being an awesome aunt.  My mom always said that I would, "end up with the nicest guy of all."  Here I am at the age of 37, married to the love of my life.  I feel blessed that he was able to look past my spastic arms and legs and see the happy, positive woman that I was/am.  He always said he liked that I didn't dwell on what I couldn't do.  

As I receive help organizing and editing my book, I can't help but be grateful for my entire life.  Yes, there were many challenging days; but the days being surrounded by good people, like my husband make up for it.  If I had to choose between a new diagnosis and meeting Steve I wouldn't have to think about it.  I would choose Steve and the wonderful life he has given me.  My physical capabilities are just a small part of who I am and as I've said before, I like me! And I love my husband!!

Celebrating our 10 year anniversary in Canada (2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment