Friday, January 3, 2014

Hot vs. Cold

So, it's cold outside.  I live in Minnesota, so when I say cold, I'm referring to sub zero weather with a wind that freezes your face!  The Gov of this fine state has called off school for Monday, something that hasn't happened since the mid 90's!

With the snow flying and my body chilled to the bone (after getting groceries), I decided that today was the perfect day to make homemade Potato Corn Chowder and Spaghetti Sauce.  These are two things that I have never attempted to make.  Oh, and don't worry, I don't plan on serving them together.

I couldn't help but smile as I chopped veggies and measured out spices for nearly two hours.  Back in the day, it was all I could do to make Hamburger Helper! Plus, in weather like this, my muscles would become to spastic to do anything other than sit.   I love that I enjoy cooking for my family.

Now that my cooking is nearly done, I can get started on the laundry that is waiting for me outside the bedrooms.  It is a blessing that I can do what I want, when I want.  It's colder than heck outside, but I grateful that it's cozy warm in here.

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of us are blessing our furnaces this week. Love from the UP>

    ReplyDelete