Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dancing Queen...Almost

There is one down fall to no longer being in constant spasm (it's equivalent to lifting weights all day): I have gained weight!  Sure, I'd rather have my mobility than have a rocking body, but I still want to be fit.   I have always been one to lift weights at the gym because it used to be a necessity for me.  I had to keep my muscles working so they wouldn't wither away to nothing.

Since my new diagnosis, I still enjoy going to they gym.  However, I also enjoy making homemade breads and cake and then eating them!  I still have not gotten back to where I want to be since having John and feel like I need to switch up my workout a little bit.  So, today I bit the bullet and hauled a friend of mine with me to the YMCA for Dance Aerobics!!   Can you picture me doing this????

Let me be honest with you.  I have no rhythm and spend more time focusing on keeping in step with the rest of the class that I'm usually about 3 seconds behind everyone else.  But I don't care!!!  I was doing it.  It may not have been pretty and even though I felt sick to my stomach for a couple minutes, I danced for an hour!  I must add that I think I had a smile on my face for 90 percent of it and plan on doing it again next week!

So, if you live in the area and want to join me (or want a good laugh), I'll be at the Ridgedale YMCA, Thursday at 9am in Studio A.  I'd love to see you there!!!!!    If I can do it, you can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment